The different types of Artificial Intelligence have something in common: they are computer systems with skills to carry out tasks that require capabilities associated with human intelligence. Data analysis, decision-making, visual perception, or the recognition of languages and their translation are some of the tasks that, among others, machines are already capable of carrying out. But, what are the types of Artificial Intelligence developing today, and what is its real scope? We share the keys to understanding it.
1. Types of Artificial Intelligence
Although there are several criteria for differentiating between the types of Artificial Intelligence, the most common one divides the systems according to the degree to which they perform tasks similar to a human.
Following this criterion, four types of Artificial Intelligence appear :
2.1. Reactive Systems
These are the most basic systems, and they can interpret information and make decisions based on forecasts, choosing the optimal option. However, reactive systems do not have “memory,” They do not take into account data or experiences from the past that can serve as a guide for making decisions in the present. A typical example of this type of Artificial Intelligence is the automatic programs in video games when games are played ‘against the machine.’
2.2. Limited Memory
Memory-limited systems advance over the first category because they can use historical data to make decisions. An example is autonomous cars that, in addition to observing the current context (for example, possible obstacles or the direction and speed of the car), also retain information “learned” in the past (for example, road safety regulations or even routes to take). In this way, the system takes all this information into account when making a decision.
However, memory-limited systems” forget this information has passed for a while, and they are not able to incorporate experience that helps them in making decisions. In other words, their “memory” depends on the “external” data that humans feed into them.
23. Theory Of Mind
The following type of Artificial Intelligence is not yet fully developed, although progress is being made. These are systems capable of creating representations of the world without human input. In this way, they can understand the thoughts, behaviors, and emotions of the agents that surround them (humans and objects). From this understanding, they are also able to interact with them appropriately. An example of this type of Artificial Intelligence is a chatbot capable of understanding a user’s intention or emotions you are experiencing (anger, frustration.) and reacting to help you more effectively.
The latest development in the types of Artificial Intelligence is still a project towards which it is moving forward. In this case, it is about the systems capable of generating representations about themselves. Thus, their interactions with the environment and their surroundings will be even more efficient. For example, this type of system will be able to detect what information is missing to make a decision and provide the means to achieve it.
2. Tips To Apply Artificial Intelligence To Your Business
Experts predict that the development of the different types of Artificial Intelligence will entail extraordinary improvements in productivity and the quality of products and services. A study published in Statista confirmed that companies also think this: most respondents believe that Artificial Intelligence will transform their organization in the next three years.
But the application of the different types of Artificial Intelligence is not just a question of the future: companies are already using this possibility at various levels, highlighting its use in professional digital marketing strategies. Two of the most important uses in this field include:
- Make better data-driven sales and marketing decisions. For example, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems that incorporate AI are already making recommendations to tailor the right decisions to what customers want. The idea is thus to let the system collect and analyze data and then develop action proposals based on that information.
- In this sense, and although the search for Big Data has dominated recent years, the consulting firm Gartner predicts a paradigm shift towards Small Data (smaller amounts of data but more useful) and Wide Data (data from a wide variety of sources): By 2025, 70% of organizations will only be interested in this type of data.
- Use of chatbots. Although they continue to evolve in their capabilities, chatbots with Artificial Intelligence are already here. By using these tools, companies are managing to improve the customer experience and free the human team from repetitive tasks.
- Marketing Automation Tools To Generate Automatic Leads - September 30, 2022
- Strategies And Tools To Migrate To The Cloud - September 26, 2022
- Tiktok : Do You Know How And How Much Money You Can Monetize By Creating Content? - September 23, 2022