WordPress is the most popular CMS for building a website. Configured by default, a WordPress site is vulnerable in several ways, and the popularity of the CMS leads to regular attacks. The proper functioning, security, performance, and sustainability of a WordPress site takes regularity in maintaining the area, which requires technical knowledge and many hours of work.
To simplify and avoid any security-related problem, it is possible to call on professionals such as Maintenance WP, which offers services tailored to everyone’s needs. By default, WordPress implements security measures, but unfortunately, this is not enough. Fortunately, hundreds of WordPress plugins make your site more secure, but it’s not always easy to navigate.
Here is a selection of the best WordPress security plugins:
Wordfence Security is one of the most used WordPress plugins. There is a free or premium version starting at $ 99 per year.
Easy to use, it provides powerful protection tools, in particular:
- Connection security functions.
- Security incident recovery tools.
- An overview of general traffic trends and hacking attempts.
- Firewall blocks.
- Protection against brute force attacks.
Sucuri Security is a viral WordPress security plugin thanks to all the features it offers. There is a free or paid version, which allows you to add a website firewall.
Easy and complete, this is what this WordPress plugin offers:
- Security audits.
- Monitoring the integrity of the firewall.
- Malware analysis.
- Hardening of security.
- Blocklist monitoring.
- Security procedures after a hack.
- Proposals for concrete measures to repair damage in the event of piracy or attack.
- Live chat or email with the customer service team with any questions, difficulties, or issues.
- Website firewall (paid version).
MalCare is the WordPress security plugin that saves time! It has plenty of security-related features starting at $ 99 per year, but that’s not all. It also has a management plugin that allows you to manage multiple WordPress sites simultaneously and manage permissions to perform backups without worrying about the loss of your data.
Regarding security, MalCare allows:
- Automatic removal of malware (viruses, bad actors, etc.).
- Protection of the site against their servers.
- 24/7 site protection thanks to a robust firewall.
- Blocking any IP address reported as malicious by sites on the network.
iThemes Security, formerly Better WP Security, is also among the popular WordPress plugins. There is a free version, with basic security, or a pro version, starting at $ 52 per year, which gives access to many features:
- Security and password expiration.
- Two-factor authentication.
- User action logs.
- WordPress security keys.
- Prevention of a brute force attack.
- Analysis function to identify any potential vulnerability to an attack.
- Help to fix problems quickly.
- Strengthens server security.
- Immediate notification in the event of a problem or potential threat.