How to Get Deleted Photo Back With or Without Software- Solved!
It can be unfortunate to discover photos you’ve been keeping for years got deleted just within the blink of an eye. We understand how painful it can really be, but luckily, professional photo recovery software like Wondershare Recoverit can come in handy to recover lost photos in such a situation.
In this article, we’ll walk you through all you need to know about how to recover permanently deleted photos using software. Plus, you’ll discover other methods to recover deleted photos on Windows PC without software and the effective tips you can employ to avoid photo loss in the future. Don’t hesitate to keep reading to find out more.
Part 1: The Most Effective Way to Recover Permanently Deleted Videos/ Pictures
Whether the photo loss is caused by virus attack, system crash, or device formatting, etc., professional data recovery software can always help you out in such a scenario. Trusted by users around the world, Recoverit Photo Recovery facilitates seamless data recovery from over 2000 types of storage devices, including digital cameras, SD cards, USB drives, hard drives, etc. It’s not limited to just restoring deleted photos from Windows PC.
The steps below will teach you how to recover deleted data using Recoverit Photo Recovery:
Step 1. Install Recoverit Photo Recovery on your PC or Mac, and launch it. Then, select the location where the photos got deleted and click Start. By doing so, Recoverit will start scanning for lost files.
Step 2. Once the data scanning process is complete, all the lost or deleted files will be displayed on your screen. You can quickly find the photos you want recover by File Path, File Type, or Filter by keywords, etc.
Step 3: Finally, preview the photos you wish to recover and click Recover button to restore them to your computer.
More About Wondershare Recoverit:
- It’s super easy to operate, and even a tech-illiterate can use it without any problems.
- Recover deleted and lost data in over 1000 types of formats, such as files, audio, photos, videos, etc., in just a few clicks.
- It allows data recovery from more than 2000 types of storage devices.
- Recover data from storage devices irrespective of how data got lost/deleted. It does not matter if it’s due to accidental deletion, device corruption, bad sector, or more.
- Recover unlimited data without corrupting existing data.
- Advanced Video Recovery allows users to recover Ultra HD, 4K, 8K Videos without any corruption.
- It helps you to save your crashed computer data by creating a bootable USB drive
- The free version allows users to recover up to 100MB of data without restrictions.
Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Photos/Videos On Windows Without Software
Two methods can come in handy to execute the operation if you’re looking to recover deleted photos/videos on a Windows computer without third-party software. It’s either by recovering it via the recycle bin or your PC’s history/backup. Read on to learn the steps for each photo recovery method.
Method 1: Via Recycle Bin
When photos/videos get deleted from your PC, the first place to check is the recycle bin. The recycle bin is where files recently deleted from a computer are temporarily stored and can be restored to the PC within a given period. However, keep in mind that if the recycle bin gets emptied, the deleted files can’t be restored.
See the steps to recover photos/videos on a Windows computer via Recycle Bin.
Step 1: Start your Windows computer and open the Recycle Bin folder by double-clicking on its icon.
Step 2: Locate the photos/videos that got deleted.
Step 3: Once you find the deleted photo/video files, select them and click Restore the selected items from the top of the screen.
Step 4: Wait for the restoration process to complete. Afterward, your photo/video file should be found in the location where they got deleted from.
Note: Photo recovery via recycle bin will only work if you want to recover accidentally deleted photos/videos
Method 2: Via File History/Backup
Another reliable way to restore photos on Windows without software is by using File History.
File History is an efficient windows-backup feature that helps users automatically back up their PC data when turned on. So, if you’ve turned on File History before the photo/video loss problem occurred, you don’t have to worry much when your photo/video files get deleted. You can easily restore them via File History. But the feature works with only computer running Windows 8 and Windows 10.
The following steps explain the process;
Step 1: Open the Start Menu on your PC and search Restore Your Files With File History, then click the top search result.
Step 2: Locate the deleted photo/video files and select the version you wish to restore using the arrow keys.
Step 3: Click the Restore button, and the deleted photos and videos will instantly be restored to their original location.
Part 3: Tips for Avoiding Photo Loss
- Avoid using your camera to take photos on low battery, as it could turn off unexpectedly and interrupt the read/write process when saving data. When the read/write process gets interrupted, the storage device is highly likely to get corrupted, thereby causing photo loss.
- Always ensure to have a backup of your photos.
- Don’t put all your eggs into one basket. So, changing the SD card often during a long photo shoot is advisable.
- Invest in efficient data recovery tools like Recoverit. It’ll enable you to recover deleted photos quickly, no matter the situation.
If you’ve been wondering how to get deleted pictures back, the article above has explained the best solutions to get the job done. All you just need is to choose the photo recovery method that suits your needs and follow the steps attached to it correctly. However, it’s advisable to use Wondershare Recoverit, as it’s more efficient and allows the recovery of different types of data regardless of how it got lost or deleted.
Additionally, don’t forget to stick to the photo loss tips to avoid losing your precious photos in the future.
- Four Ways Pharmacists’ Expertise Contributes To Patient Safety - May 25, 2023
- Your Essential Resource For Creating A Superb Website Design - May 9, 2023
- Microsoft SQL Server Update To Advance Digitization - April 13, 2023