There are more and more laws and regulations whose objective is to protect organizations, information, people and technology, so it is essential to have a governance, risk management, compliance and business continuity strategy that guarantees companies the proper administration of the same in the most effective way, reducing the level of risk in the face of growing threats, while complying with laws, regulations and standards.
Computer Threats Are Constantly Evolving
More and more legal regulations and laws seek to protect organizations, and it is essential that we define a security governance strategy, manage risks well, and comply with legal regulations. The success of the world of digital information depends mainly on trust. The trust of our clients, our partners, etc. But how can we create, maintain, and even increase that trust over time? The objective is to increase confidence in the use of technology by companies and people.
Real challenges we face:
- Lack of commitment from leaders
- Lack of clearly defined policies and standards
- Unconscious practices at the public and private level
- Lack of definition of security architectures
- Increase in fraud and computer crime.
- Collection and unauthorized use of user information.
- Lack of awareness and dissemination among users.
Cybersecurity and Privacy Risks:
- Multi-million dollar losses
- Loss of user trust
- Increased legal liability
- Loss of user information
- Loss of own information
- Loss of income
- Loss of image/loss of reputation
- Legal or regulatory non-compliance
We must all work together to avoid those losses that make individuals mistrust technology. We must seek solutions that build user trust, improve economic opportunities, increase operational efficiency, reduce fraud and theft, and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
How Do We Solve The Cybersecurity Problem
100% cybersecurity does not exist; we have to reduce the level of risk to the maximum, which allows us to continue working in our business and complying with legal requirements. Surveillance is key; organizations have to take proactive actions to protect their assets and information resources. There is no single answer to cybersecurity, nor is there a 100% foolproof solution, but there are some common sense things we should do:
- Working together, governments and the business world
- Design and implement cybersecurity plans
The first thing we have to do is carry out a cybersecurity program, which will depend on our business profile. To do this, we must define cybersecurity policies and standards and information technology infrastructures and cybersecurity governance and leadership organization.
We must be aware that people are the most significant risk to cybersecurity in companies. Perhaps many times, without being fully aware of it, they violate the cybersecurity of our company due to human error or lack of preparation or adequate training. The best technology will get us nowhere if we don’t start by knowing the main threats to our business.
The life cycle of comprehensive cybersecurity management is a continuous process. The phases would be evaluation, planning, design and implementation, training/awareness and cybersecurity services. But when we get to this last phase, we have to re-evaluate since it is very likely that something has changed in your infrastructure, in your business objective, in threats, in your environment. We must re-evaluate to see if we have to start the whole process again.
1. Security And Privacy Assessment: Identify new methods that allow us to improve and grow corporate achievements while mitigating the risks that may affect our organization:
- Global security and privacy assessment.
- Vulnerability assessment: “scanning”, penetration tests and ethical hacking.
- Safety evaluation of technological systems.
- Network risk management (assurance assessment).
- Estimate based on recognized standards: for example, ISO 27001.
2. Security And Privacy Planning: We must plan the measures and actions to be taken based on the recommendations obtained through the evaluation previously carried out:
- Service strategy
- Cybersecurity Policies and Procedures
- The architecture of technological systems and community infrastructures
- Cybersecurity Program Design
- Risk management and assurance planning
- Business continuity planning
3. Design And Implementation Of Security And Privacy: We must design and implement solutions that generate and increase the degree of trust necessary so that it is projected into the success of the business to:
- Improve the degree of availability of the systems.
- Improve response time and coordination in the face of security incidents, including viruses, malware, ransomware, targeted attacks, etc.
- Reduce the impact of fraud and/or theft.
- Increase the confidence of our clients.
- Reduce costs and facilitate compliance with legal regulations and regulations.
- Improve corporate profits.
- Maintenance of “brand image”.
4. Training And Awareness Plans: It is necessary to invest in cybersecurity education and personal privacy as the first line of defence, facilitating it through various means such as webinars, instructors, distance study, etc.
- Seminars for Management
- Disclosure for users
- Introductory courses
- Mentalization courses
- Technical training or training
- Awareness of legal compliance and ethical behavior
5. Ongoing Cybersecurity And Privacy Services: Launch of specialized services that facilitate compliance with the specific cybersecurity and privacy needs of our business:
- Surveillance and continuous monitoring (SOC) services
- Cybersecurity Government Services
- Permanent consulting
- Ongoing improvement services of processes
- Technology Incident Response Services (SIRT)
- Consultancy specialized in each sector of the industry
- Security tools expertise
- Experience in the use of technology
- Movierulz4 and 4movierulz New Link 2022 – Tamil + Telugu + Hindi + Kannada movies Download - December 6, 2022
- How to Get Deleted Photo Back With or Without Software- Solved! - November 30, 2022
- Wondershare Filmora Review: The Most Elegant Video Editor - November 30, 2022